Monday, April 14, 2014
Tires are the only thing standing in between your car and the road. Your car can be in perfect condition but if your tires are not it will hurt your fuel economy, handling, braking, and overall safety of your vehicle. Its important to know the details of your tires. When picking tires there are three simple things our service manager says to look for:
1. Temperature - You should always buy tires with a temperature grade of A. The temperature grade show a tires resistance to heat as well as its ability to dissipate heat. The letter grade C is just meeting the standard and when we're talking about an investment this significant to the life of your car its important to find tires with an A grade.
2. Traction - Traction is graded by AA, A, B, and C. Traction grades refer to the ability to stop on wet pavement. When buying tires look for a traction grade of AA or A. Grades B and C do meet the standards but you will notice a difference with your traction.
3. Treadwear - When looking at treadwear a 400 treadwear versus a 200 treadwear will last twice as long. When buying tires look for at least a 400 treadwear if you are looking for tires for everyday use. Lower tread is used for sport cars, they are quieter and can go faster but wear out fast. The higher the number the louder they will be but also the longer they will last. Treadwear numbers should only be compared within a specific brand. One brand may give Tire X a 400 but another might give Tire X a 350. This doesn't mean the tire is any different the two brands just rate differently.
Spring is a big time for buying new tires because winter road conditions wear them out. If you are in the market for new tires give our service department a call 940-243-6233. Right now there are rebates on Goodyear, Dunlop, Yokohama, and Kumho. Click the links for details to get a great deal on new tires!
Posted by Eckert Hyundai at 8:12 AM
Monday, April 7, 2014
Monday, March 24, 2014
It is a pretty well known fact in the car world that every 30k miles your car needs a serious check up. It's something we know we need but do we know why? Do you know what you're getting at your 30K service?
At Eckert Hyundai's Service department their premium 30,000 or 60,000 mile service includes a lot. Here's the list:
- Full Service Oil Change
- Fuel Additive
- Oil Additive
- Battery Service
- Fluid Check and Fill
- Tire Pressure Check and Adjustment
- Tire Rotation and Balance
- Coolant Service
- Brake Flush
- Transmission Flush
- Evaporative Filter
- Cabin Air Filter
- Air Filter
- Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection
- Free use of a loan car with appointment
1. As a Hyundai owner did you know that Hyundai can cancel your warranty for not keeping up with your maintenance? For example if you don't keep up with your oil changes and then you have engine problems and need it replaced Hyundai might not cover it. This means that you are hurting your car and your wallet. (Hyundai Warranty)
2. By having these services done you will extend the life and value of your car. Over time you will have less problems and your car will last longer. Plus, when you go to sell or trade in your car one day you will get more for a car that had regular maintenance done.
3. You save money by getting them all done at once. If you were to individually have each of these things done it would cost you $660.00 but by getting them all done at the same time it only costs $585.00. We also have a $50 off major vehicle service coupon below which means you would save $125!
Click here to schedule your appointment or call our service department at 940-243-6233.
Posted by Eckert Hyundai at 2:17 PM
Monday, March 10, 2014
The 2014 Hyundai Tucson is one amazing SUV. If you need to see to believe then click here to watch our walk-around. Want more information about the Tucson? Click here to read our review.
As always, if you have any questions please call our salesman at 940-243-6200. They are here for you! Take a look at our Tucson inventory here.
Posted by Eckert Hyundai at 8:24 AM
Monday, March 3, 2014
Monday, February 24, 2014
The Hyundai Veloster is a car like no other you have seen before. It has won style awards such as the "2012 Ten Coolest Cars Under $18,000" by Kelly Blue Book, a 2012 "Good Design" award, and the "Auto Style Award" by ecityofstyle.com. The Veloster is a car that will make you do a double take, in a good way. It has more than looks going for it! In 2012 it also won "Car of the Year" and "Best Economy Car." Lets just say the Veloster has a lot to be proud of.
When it comes to safety the Veloster doesn't lack. It comes with six airbags and a front Occupant Classification System that knows to adjust the deployment of the airbag based on the size of the passenger. Its Vehicle Stability Management system, coordinated Electronic Stability Control, Traction Control System, plus the Anti-lock Braking System and Electronic Brake-force Distribution with Brake Assist create an integrated active safety system to help you avoid accidents. So buckle up, and the Veloster will help you with the rest.
When it comes to performance you get some options. The Velsoter's 1.6L GDI engine will blow you away. Its strong yet efficient! It gets up to 138 horespower and delivers up to an EPA-estimated 36 MPG Highway. Have a need for speed? The Turbo uses a twin-scroll turbo to give it 201 horespoer and best-in-class power-to-weight ratio and still gets an amazing EPA-estimated 33 MPG Highway.
The 7 inch touchscreen comes standard no matter the model you choose. So go ahead, watch video or play your Xbox 360 in your own portable media room. The technology doesn't stop there. With the available navigation and BlueLink you will be able to use voice recognition to search for points of interest or call for help. BlueLink can even help you monitor your driving habits to make you the most efficient drive possible. The Veloster will keep you going and keep you connected.
Lets not forget about the stealth third door to give you easy access to the back seat. You will be surprised by how much you can carry. The hatch and split fold-down rear seats give you space for whatever you want to carry. The Veloster has 105.3 cu.ft. of interior volume. Don't forget about the impressive panoramic sunroof, it is beautiful and will light up the cabin.
Come stop by today to test drive the Hyundai Veloster. Have any questions? Give our salesman a call at 940-243-6200. View our Veloster inventory here.
Monday, February 17, 2014
The 2014 Santa Fe has received many awards since its release but this one must be shared. As a consumer we know that you are worried about the bang for the buck ratio. More bang plus less bucks equals the perfect combination. We agree! So does the U.S News & World Report and they have decided that the 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe has got what it takes. The 2014 Santa Fe was named the Best Car for the Money in the 3-Row Midsize SUV segment by U.S. News & World Report.
"Finding a great deal on a vehicle doesn't have to mean settling for the cheapest option," said Jamie Page Deaton, managing editor, U.S. News & World Report. "Automotive writers who have teste the Santa Fe appreciate its long list of up-to-date tech features, refined performance, upscale cabin and extreemely comfortable seats. As a whole package, the Santa Fe provides excellent automotive value without sacrificing what makes a vehicle great in the first place." We are thrilled to share such a glowing review and amazing award with you.
Have any question about the 2014 Santa Fe? Give our sales team a call at 940-243-6200, they are always more than happy to listen. See our current inventory here.